E-bike owners survey
November 15, 2016
I’m writing an article on e-bikes for the Belmont Citizens Forum,
so I need information from e-bike owners.
I don’t own one; I ride a cargo bike, so I don’t have any first-hand experience.
I’ve the questions here so that people can answer them in the comments, and so that they can send the link around to other e-bike owners.
I’m most interested in feedback from people in the Boston metro area, but feedback from other areas helps, especially if you can provide contrast with Boston (e.g., it’s hilly in West Virginia, it’s very snowy in Buffalo, it’s hot in Houston). If you prefer not to answer in the comments, you can mail them to me at email@example.com.
- What motivated you to try an e-bike? Was a hill too steep, or a commute too long, or were kids too heavy, or did you need to arrive at work not too sweaty?
- Have you had your bike for long? Is it reliable?
- What kind of bike is it? (for example, Pedego, Specialized, or some brand of electrified cargo bike?)
- Can you describe how you use your e-bike? That is, do you ride for fun, or for commuting and errands? Do you ride every day, once or twice a week, or less often? Are there hills or long distances involved? Do you carry heavy loads, or children?
- How does the e-bike help this?
- May I use your name or initials in the article?
- May I describe your situation in some detail, rather than general terms?
For example: “AR commutes year-round from a steep hill in Belmont to Kendall Square in Cambridge, carrying two small children in a ButchersAndBicycles tricycle to drop off at day care along the way”
Thanks you for your time. If you would like a copy of the article, please mention that in the comments or email.